Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

quarta-feira, 18 de fevereiro de 2015

Queen & Adam Lambert

Ontem fui ver o concerto dos Queen com Adam Lambert, na O2 arena de Praga.
Foi mágico estar a tão poucos metros de tamanhas estrelas como o Brian May, o Roger Taylor e até o próprio Adam Lambert, que apesar de mais novinho encaixa perfeitamente no estilo dos Queen. O meu momento preferido do concerto é o da foto. O Brian May chegou-se até à pontinha do palco e o pavilhão inteiro fez silencio absoluto à espera das suas palavras. Ele perguntou-nos se queríamos cantar com ele, para o Freddie e pareceu que estávamos na nossa sala de estar, com o Brian a falar e a tocar apenas para uma dezena de pessoas, tal foi a sensação intimista que se criou. Houve ainda solos de guitarra do Brian May, solos de bateria do Roger Taylor e um super duelo entre o Roger Taylor e o filho, que também faz parte da banda, Rufus Tiger Taylor. O Adam Lambert, que ficou em segundo no Idolos americano e entrou em vários episodios da série Glee, não cantou todas as canções. Houve vários temas cantados apenas pelos dois membros originais dos Queen, alguns com a mistura de gravações das vozes e instrumentos de Freddie Mercury e John Deacon. 

Foi muito especial e esteve tudo muito bem feito e pensado. Acho que não vão aparecer muitas mais oportunidades de ver os Queen, ou o que resta deles, e sinto que tive muita sorte em poder lá ter estado. 


Algumas considerações:

1. Já ninguém faz os cornos do rock com a mão, agora as mãos são para segurar os telemóveis. 

2. Sou baixinha e já em Portugal preciso de muito esforço para ver alguma coisa, agora imaginem aqui onde 80% da população é mais alta do que eu! Vi o concerto todo numa espécie de pontas de ballet. Além disso, com os telemóveis sempre no ar perdi mais uns 20cm de visão... 

3. Eram proibidas as máquinas fotográficas e não sei tirar fotos com o telemóvel. Só esta foto é que ficou bem...




Yesterday I went to see the concert of Queen & Adam Lambert, at the O2 arena in Prague.
It was magical to be able to stand so close to such big stars as Brian May, Roger Taylor and Adam Lambert, that even though much younger, fits very well with the Queen. My favourite moment is the one in the picture. Brian May came to the very end of the stage with his guitar, and the whole arena was silent waiting his words. He asked us if we wanted to sing with him, for Freddie. The moment created was so intimate that it felt like we were in his living room, with Brian talking and singing only for a few of us. During the concert there was a guitar solo performed by Brian May, a drum solo by Roger Taylor, and an amazing drum duel between Roger and his son, also part of the band now, Rufus Tiger Taylor. Adam Lambert, the runner-up of the american idol, that also took part in a few episodes of Glee, did not sing all the songs. Some of the songs were performed only by the two original elements of Queen, with some added recorded voices and instruments of Freddie Mercury and John Deacon.  

It was all very special and the concert was very well planned and performed. I don't think there will be many more opportunities to watch the Queen in concert and I feel really happy for having the chance of watching this show. 


Som notes:

1. No one does rock horns with their hands anymore. All the hands are holding mobile phones. 

2. I'm short, and already in Portugal is difficult to see something on a stage, imagine here where 80% of the population is way taller than me. I saw the whole concert in some sort of ballet tips. Besides that, with everybody holding their phones I lost another 20cm of vision...

3. Cameras were forbidden and I can't take proper pictures with my mobile. The photo above was the only decent one I got...


4 comentários:

  1. I also loved the Queen concert in Perth, and thought that Adam Lambert fitted in quite well.
    We could take cameras, so I was able to take loads of photos.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. It was in the rules that cameras would not be allowed in, but I saw quite a few inside. I will keep the images in my mind instead.

      Eliminar
  2. How nice to see Adam Lambert and Queen. I watch American Idol, religiously. Saw all of Adam's performances. He's a natural talent.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I became a fan of Adam after the concert. I didn't know so much about him before, but his voice is amazing.

      Eliminar

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!