Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

segunda-feira, 10 de abril de 2017

Learning Swedish with TV shows

We grow up listening to our parents saying "you can only watch TV when you are done with your homework". Then we come to Sweden and hear the teachers encouraging the students to watch TV. The times have changed. Or not!

It does actually make sense that one should watch TV to practice a new language. It certainly helped me a lot to develop my Swedish, specially because the language has this very particular melody, that goes up and down.

In my latest article for the Newbie Guide to Sweden I talk about my favourite Swedish TV shows and how they taught me useful things about the language, the culture and the country itself. Read more here.



6 comentários:

  1. Aqui em Portugal a mentalidade é ainda um bocadinho diferente. Mas concordo que ver televisão ajude.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I have heard this many times from Europeans who learnt English from pop songs and TV shows.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Yes, songs also help a lot because they usually repeat words or sentences and it's fun as well!

      Eliminar
  3. I have to agree Sara, when we lived in Germany I was at home with my infant kids and I learned a lot of German from watching tv. My French son in law learned perfect English from watching movies and series that he enjoyed. We might not like our kids watching too much TV but it certainly helps when it comes to learning a new language.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. For english is even better because there is so much more to watch. It might not help kids learning math, but for languages it is very good with TV and radio.

      Eliminar

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!