Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

quinta-feira, 28 de abril de 2016

Nervi - Genoa, Italy


Nervi is a small town about 10 Km away from Genoa. It is known for it's lovely views of the sea and nice restaurants.
The original plan was to take the train to Nervi and then run back into town. However, when I woke up that day two things made me change my mind. Firstly, my legs were so sore from the hike in the Cinque Terre the day before that I felt I should give them some rest and go for a walk instead. Secondly, the day was so warm and sunny and the sky was so blue, that I started imagining all the cool pictures I would take if I was able to take the proper camera. Walking it is then! I'm glad I did it and I hope you can see why when you see the pictures below.

As for resting my legs... I failed miserably! Nervi was so nice that before I started walking back I explored the park, the beach walk and the little town. In the end, instead of 10 Km I walked 18 Km!! My legs were screaming for rest but my eyes couldn't get enough beauty and I decided to sacrifice the legs again. It was all worth it!

Nervi é uma pequena vila a cerca de 10 Km de Génova. É conhecida pelas paisagem que proporciona à beira mar e pelos seus restaurantes.
O plano original era apanhar o comboio até Nervi e depois correr de volta até à cidade. No entanto, quando acordei duas coisas fizeram-me mudar de ideias. Primeiro as minhas pernas ainda muito cansadas da caminhada pelas Cinque Terre no dia antes, o que me fez pensar que se calhar andar me ia fazer melhor que correr. Segundo, estava um dia tão bonito e solarengo, com um céu tão azul que comecei a pensar nas fotos todas que poderia tirar se pudesse levar a máquina fotográfica a sério. Decidi caminhar. Ainda bem e espero que consigam perceber porque é que foi melhor assim quando virem as fotos abaixo. 

Quanto ao descansar as pernas... falhei miseravelmente! Nervi era tão bonita e interessante que antes de iniciar a caminhada de volta fui explorar o parque, o calçadão à beira mar e a vila em si. No final em vez de caminhar os 10 Km previstos, andei 18 Km!! As minhas pernas já pediam descanso mas os meus olhos não se cansaram nunca de tanta beleza e decidi sacrificar as pernas mais uma vez. Valeu a pena!

Nervi



Parchi di Nervi









 The walk along the sea is full of nice spots with benches to sit and enjoy the view.
O calçadão à beira mar é cheio de banquinhos para nos podermos sentar e apreciar a vista.


A gorgeous abandoned hotel. I hope someone takes it because it's a prime location!
Um hotel fantástico abandonado. Espero que alguém pegue nele porque a localização é de primeira categoria!

The walk from Nervi to Genoa takes you through a lot of small bays where towns/neighbourhoods, like Genoa Quinto and Genoa Quarto are found, with their beaches, villas and palazzos, restaurants and of course... gelato shops!

O caminho de Nervi para Génova leva-nos por outras pequenas vilas ou bairros, como Génova Quinto e Génova Quarto, com as suas respectivas praias, mansões e palazzos, restaurantes e claro... gelatarias!

Genova Quinto



The beaches in Liguria are not sandy, but full of small grey stones. Although it did not look like the most comfortable ever, Italians seem to be used to lay on the stones. I didn't try, maybe next time.
As praias na Liguria não têm areia mas sim pequenas pedras cinzentas. Não parecem ser super confortáveis mas os italianos estão habituados a deitar-se nelas. Eu não experimentei, talvez para a próxima. 






Here it is really really really forbidden to park...
Aqui era mesmo mesmo mesmo proibido estacionar...

 Look at the incredible colour of this water!!! I could spend hours just looking at the sea...
Olhem bem para a cor incrível desta água!!! Podia passar horas só a olhar para o mar...




Genova Quarto 



A local told us that it is very common for Italians to take their vespas and go to the beach after work. Especially now, when it's off season and the seaside is less crowded. 
Um morador disse-nos que é muito comum os italianos pegarem nas suas vespas depois do trabalho e irem até à praia. Especialmente agora que ainda há poucos turistas e ainda há pouca gente. 






 Vittorio al Mare


How about playing some football close to the sea? Closer is impossible...
E que tal jogar futebol à beira mar? Mais perto era impossível...


Near Genoa

A lovely promenade of about 3 Km starting just south of the city center. I know the distance because I went running there the following day, of course!
Um calçadão agradável de cerca de 3 Km que começa mesmo a sul do centro da cidade. Sei a distância porque fui correr para lá no dia seguinte, claro!


Genoa's fair in the background / Feira de Génova ao fundo

I hope you enjoyed walking with me along the coast from Nervi to Genoa. It did take quite an amount of pictures but I hope you think it was worth it! I surely enjoyed it myself!

Espero que tenham gostado de caminhar comigo à beira mar de Nervi a Génova. Eu sei que levou umas quantas fotos mas espero que tenham achado que valeu a pena. Eu adorei o passeio com certeza!

6 comentários:

  1. It was certainly beautiful. I would have kept walking and exploring, too. I went on a cruise to the Bahamas once and at sea, the water is a deep sapphire blue. I Loved it! The water where you are is just as beautiful.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. In places like this it is easy to forget how tired you are. The Bahamas must be quite a place as well! I can imagine the water there must be beautiful too!

      Eliminar
  2. Beautiful pictures Sara! Some of them remind me of the coast near Monaco. I must agree that lying on those stony beaches can't be comfortable.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you! Monaco is not that far from Genoa, so I guess it does make sense that you find them similar. Have a great weekend yourself!

      Eliminar

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!